While paper-based systems increase the chances of data entry errors, complicated digital platforms can also contribute to mis-picks and delays. For that reason, modernization has often been seen as a time-consuming process that could result in downtime, delays, and damaged brand identity. However, relying on outdated systems can open doors to worse consequences such as:
- Financial loss to correct mis-picks
- Strained and overburdened workforce
- Delayed processes that halt the supply chain
- Overlooked compliance guidelines
- Risk of cyberattacks
Although efficient modernization strategies may take time to implement, there are a few optimization initiatives you can implement without extra-long deployment timelines. In warehousing, agility matters from the receiving dock to the loading dock, warehouse teams must work quickly to keep inventory moving down the supply chain. To boost efficiency and reduce deployment, CMAC recommends the following:
- Automate data capture – Future-forward devices such as ring scanners and modern touch computers can help automate data capture by scanning barcodes and leading collected data directly into your reporting systems. Requiring a mere trigger pull, automated data capture is simplistic enough to reduce time spent training employees to conduct manual tasks.
- Mobilize SAP for mobile devices – SAP interfaces can halt productivity as workers struggle to navigate through unnecessary forms and outdated information. That’s why Synactive’s Liquid UI provides instant SAP mobility, so employees can work with customized forms without unnecessary fields and manual data entry. As a result, your collected data can be shared in real-time without any middleware.
- Covert green-screen applications to fit touchscreen devices – Millennials and digital natives comprise more than half of the American workforce, which means they may not be well-versed in green-screen technology, increasing training times. Luckily, programs that are preinstalled in Zebra’s Android mobile computers help run your green-screen apps right out of the box while assisting you in converting them to fit touchscreen interfaces at your own pace.
- Enable voice technology – Several studies have cited voice-directed picking as one of the easiest ways to accelerate order processing. This fast growing technology can be enabled seamlessly, ultimately boosting accuracy by as much as 85% as workers can keep their eyes up at all times throughout the warehouse.
- Expand your device’s functionality with Zebra DNA applications – If your warehouse is already using Zebra’s enterprise-grade devices, expanding device functionality is easy with Zebra DNA applications. Whether on a printer or on a mobile computer, add productivity applications to unlock exclusive benefits such as:
○ Recurrent security patches for greater device protection
○ Device tracking to prevent misplacements
○ Assisted troubleshooting to mitigate downtime
○ WorryFree WiFi for secured connectivity
○ Greater data capture power to scan multiple codes at once
○ And much more
Moreover, Android’s open ecosystem makes it easier to add new applications while housing your legacy systems without modifications. When taking the journey to modernized efficiency, every small step counts. If your warehouse is ready for a more in-depth approach, contact our modernization team to get started with a strategy customized to address your enterprise goals.
When taking the journey to modernized efficiency, every small step counts. If your warehouse is ready for a more in-depth approach, contact our modernization team to get started with a strategy customized to address your enterprise goals.